Re: libpq ssl -> clear fallback looses error messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq ssl -> clear fallback looses error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I noticed while working on general fixes for the certificate handling
> that if we have a connection being attempted with sslmode=prefer (which
> happens to be our default), we will loose error messages.

Yeah, this came up awhile ago.  I don't see any easy solution that
isn't just moving the bad cases around ... although maybe moving them
away from the default/common cases could be a good thing anyway.

> Basically, if we fail the SSL connection, we will throw away the error
> message and try a cleartext connection.

Maybe the answer is to not throw away the first error message?  But
presenting both messages could be confusing too.