Re: Crash in 9.4 Beta when partially collapsing left outer joins

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Crash in 9.4 Beta when partially collapsing left outer joins
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The logic for nested OR is correct by reading it, hence why not simply
> removing the assertion failing? The attached patch 1 does so.

The reason for the assert is that there should never be an OR directly
underneath an OR in the planner after eval_const_expressions has flattened
such cases.  Evidently commit f343a88 failed to preserve AND/OR flatness
in some cases :-(.  That code should be taught to do so, rather than
lobotomizing this assertion.  Lack of flatness causes optimization
inefficiencies, which is why we don't want to just allow it.