Re: Unable to compile postgres 13.1 on Slackware current x64

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unable to compile postgres 13.1 on Slackware current x64
Дата
Re: Unable to compile postgres 13.1 on Slackware current x64  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> It looks like something happened to ICU's boolean macros .  See this
> commit in FreeBSD ports:

> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/commit/81a88b4506ec06d07be10d199170ef4003eb0e30

It'd be so nice if people would tell us about their problems, instead of
just hacking-and-slashing.

In this case, I see one use of the constant TRUE in collationcmds.c,
but I wonder how come that's there given that we deprecated upper-case
TRUE some time ago.  I find it hard to believe that sprinkling "#include
<stdbool.h>" into random places is either necessary (on modern platforms
anyway) or a good idea (if we're not using <stdbool.h>, this seems pretty
much guaranteed to break things); so I think the rest of that patch is
foolhardy.