Re: initdb - segmentation fault

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb - segmentation fault
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bradley Brown <bradley@segrestfarms.com> writes:
>     I am including the backtrace form the gdb on the core produced my
> initdb.

Drat.  I was hoping for some symbolic information --- but it looks like
the RPMs you are using have been stripped of all debug symbols.

One possibility, though I never before heard of it causing a crash in
initdb, is that there's a known bug in strcoll() in some versions of
glibc, which does cause crashes during VACUUM ANALYZE if the right data
pattern crops up.  I think that a never-updated copy of RHL 7.1 might
have the buggy version of strcoll().  Try updating to the latest glibc
available for RHL 7.1 and see if it helps.