How to include pgsql static libraries in your own app written in Xcode?

От Peter K. Stys
Тема How to include pgsql static libraries in your own app written in Xcode?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I am trying to write a plugin (for REALbasic) in C using Xcode on Mac OS X.  I have succeeded except that my plugin depends on dylibs that must be installed on each client machine.

I'd like to create a plugin with all pgsql libs statically linked into my plugin to create a standalone solution.

I've added the libpq.a library and included libpq-fe.h and postgres_ext.h that it needs.  The linker reports a bunch of errors:

  "_BIO_free", referenced from:
      _client_cert_cb in libpq.a(fe-secure.o)
      _client_cert_cb in libpq.a(fe-secure.o)
      _client_cert_cb in libpq.a(fe-secure.o)
      _client_cert_cb in libpq.a(fe-secure.o)

etc...

I'm sure this is a straighfwd issue, but I have no idea what to try to fix this and link in the libraries to my plugin.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,
Regards,
Peter.

Peter K. Stys, MD
Dept. of Clinical Neurosciences