Re: Postgres 12 backup in 32 bit windows client

От Andrus
Тема Re: Postgres 12 backup in 32 bit windows client
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

>What are you going to do with this backup?

If server disk crashes, it can used to restore data.

>Do you have shell access to the Debian machine in order to do the backup
>there?

I have but my application user in 32bit windows does not have.
I want to allow 32 bit windows user to make backup from 5432 port directly
to her computer C: drive.

If Postgres 12 32bit pg_dump is not available maybe it is possible to create
stored procedure which invokes pg_dump in server and returns .backup file as
bytea value to client:

select run('pg_dump mydatabase')

Andrus.

--