Re: Upgrade check failed from 11.5 to 12.1

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Upgrade check failed from 11.5 to 12.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/19/20 8:13 AM, Lu, Dan wrote:

Please do not top post. Convention on this list is bottom/inline posting.
> Thanks Adrian.
>
> This is what I am seeing.
>
> postgresdbad:dpoc:pgdbadevbal800:> pg_controldata -D
> /hostname/pg/dev12upg/data | grep -i "Bytes per WAL segment"
>
> Bytes per WAL segment: 131072

Well that would be the problem.

Did someone manually change --wal-segsize during initdb or pg_ctl init?

In any case that is not going to work. I'm assuming the 12 instance is
not in use at this time. If so I would do the initdb again after
clearing the data directory. Don't use the --wal-segsize, it will
default to 16MB. Then check with pg_controldata to make sure the correct
size is set.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com