Re: Problem changing default data_directory in PG 9.6 + CentOS6

От Edilmar LISTAS
Тема Re: Problem changing default data_directory in PG 9.6 + CentOS6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em 18-10-2016 11:33, Melvin Davidson escreveu:

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Edilmar LISTAS
> <edilista@intersite.com.br <mailto:edilista@intersite.com.br>> wrote:
>
>     1) I changed /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql-9.6 like this:
>     PGDATA=/sistemas/sat4/bdpg
>     #PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data
>
>     2) I copied postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf from
>     /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data to /sistemas/sat4/bdpg
>
>     3) I changed postgresql.conf like this:
>     data_directory = '/sistemas/sat4/bdpg'
>
>     4) service postgresql-9.6 start
>     Iniciando o serviço postgresql-9.6: [FAILED]
>
>     In my devel machine, I only did step 3), PG starts lookup for
>     default configs in /var/lib/pgsql/data and uses my databases in the
>     alternative path /sistemas/sat4/bdpg.
>

>     Em 17-10-2016 21:22, Adrian Klaver escreveu:
>
>         On 10/17/2016 01:38 PM, Edilmar LISTAS wrote:
>
>             I have an env running a changed data_directory fine in a
>             devel machine
>             PG 9.4 using Fedora23.
>             Now, I have a server machine with CentOS where I downloaded
>             the RPMs
>             from repo
>             https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-centos96-9.6-3.noarch.rpm
>             <https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-centos96-9.6-3.noarch.rpm>.
>
>             All the configs run fine if I doesn't change the default
>             data_directory.
>             But I need to use the path /sistemas/sat4/bdpg.
>
>             I did these commands:
>
>             mkdir /sistemas/sat4/bdpg
>             chown postgres /sistemas/sat4/bdpg
>             chmod 700 /sistemas/sat4/bdpg
>             su - postgres
>             /usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/initdb -D /sistemas/sat4/bdpg
>             exit
>
>             Then, I changed data_directory to /sistemas/sat4/bdpg and
>             tried to
>

>         Changed data_directory where?
>
>             restart PG:
>             service postgresql-9.6 restart
>             STOP => OK
>             START => FAILED
>
>             I disabled se_linux.
>             The file /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/pgstartup.log just said to see
>             future output
>             in pg_log.
>             The file data/pg_log/postgresql-Mon.log doesn't say anything
>             about
>             errors.
>
>             The strange is that startup arises a FAILED message, but the
>             process
>             "/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data"
>             is running
>

>         So /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data is where the original install is?
>
>         Best guess is that some script is starting the original install
>         and when
>         you go to start your custom location it fails because the new
>         cluster is
>         trying to use the port(5432 I am assuming) as the original cluster.
>
>         Have you tried giving the new cluster a different port number,
>         say 5442,
>         and the starting it?

> [...]

This works...
/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin/pg_ctl -D /sistemas/sat4/bdpg -l logfile start
but psql doesn't log:
-bash-4.1$ psql
Senha:
psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

If I use the default data_directory = /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data, psql runs
fine without password.