Re: the eternal tunnig question

От mmiranda@americatel.com.sv
Тема Re: the eternal tunnig question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> mmiranda@americatel.com.sv writes:
>> Hi, iam running postgresql on two identical dl380 2.4 Xeon with 3gb
>> RAM, i have recently upgraded one of then from redhat 7.3 (kernel
>> 2.4) to gentoo (kernel 2.6), at the same time i upgraded postgres
>> from 7.3 to 8.1, im very disapointed, all the querys are 20-25%
>> slower using the new versions, the following setting are the same in
>> postgresql.conf
>
> You might have forgotten to redo vacuum/analyze after reloading your
> data ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

thanks Tom,
Definitely you're the man around here, vacuum/analyze did the trick

BTW, i found this very interresting link, answered my questions about
tunning,

http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/#performance

bye
---

От: mmiranda@americatel.com.sv
Сообщение: Re: Fatal error
От: Typing80wpm@aol.com
Сообщение: VB ODBC connection to Postgresql, DAO,ADO,RDO,DSN???