Re: Detaching multiple partitions in 1 ALTER TABLE statement

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Detaching multiple partitions in 1 ALTER TABLE statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/20/19 9:00 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 15:19, Ben Hood <ben@relops.com
> <mailto:ben@relops.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I’m wondering what is the syntax for detaching multiple partitions
>     in 1 ALTER TABLE statement.
>
>     I’ve tried this:
>

>     # ALTER TABLE movement_legs DETACH PARTITION
>     movement_legs_2019_06_20_11_15, DETACH PARTITION
>     movement_legs_2019_06_20_11_20;
>     psql: ERROR:  syntax error at or near ","
>     LINE 1: ...gs DETACH PARTITION movement_legs_2019_06_20_11_15, DETACH P…
>

>     The documentation suggests "DETACH PARTITION can be combined into a
>     list of multiple alterations to be applied together”:
>

> Docs say this" All the forms of ALTER TABLE that act on a single table,
> except RENAME , SET SCHEMA , ATTACH
> PARTITION , and DETACH PARTITION  can be combined into a list of
> multiple alterations to be
> applied together."
>

> Perhaps a comma would be helpful, but its clear that you can do multiple
                                                               ^not
Or I am thoroughly confused:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Ravi Krishna
Сообщение: Re: Row data is reflected in DETAIL message when constraints fail oninsert/update
Сообщение: Re: Row data is reflected in DETAIL message when constraints fail on insert/update