Re: pgsql: Doc: add XML ID attributes to and tags.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Doc: add XML ID attributes to and tags.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Doc: add XML ID attributes to and tags.  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 09.01.23 21:08, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Doc: add XML ID attributes to <sectN> and <varlistentry> tags.

> Any reason the new ids in create_database.sgml deviate from the normal
> naming schemes used everywhere else?  Is it to preserve the existing
> create-database-strategy?  Maybe we should rename that one and make the
> new ones consistent?

You'd have to ask Brar that, I didn't question his choices too much.

I have no objection to changing things as you suggest.  I'm hesitant to
rename very many pre-existing IDs for fear of breaking peoples' bookmarks,
but changing create-database-strategy doesn't seem like a big deal.

That reminds me that I was going to suggest fixing the few existing
variances from the "use '-' not '_'" policy:

$ grep 'id="[a-zA-Z0-9-]*_' *sgml ref/*sgml
config.sgml:     <varlistentry id="guc-plan-cache_mode" xreflabel="plan_cache_mode">
libpq.sgml:        <varlistentry id="libpq-PQpingParams-PQPING_OK">
libpq.sgml:        <varlistentry id="libpq-PQpingParams-PQPING_REJECT">
libpq.sgml:        <varlistentry id="libpq-PQpingParams-PQPING_NO_RESPONSE">
libpq.sgml:        <varlistentry id="libpq-PQpingParams-PQPING_NO_ATTEMPT">
pgbuffercache.sgml:  <table id="pgbuffercache_summary-columns">
ref/pg_checksums.sgml: <refsect1 id="r1-app-pg_checksums-1">

As you say, this isn't required by the toolchain any longer, but it
seems like a good idea to have consistent tag spelling.  I'm particularly
annoyed by guc-plan-cache_mode, which isn't even consistent with itself
let alone every other guc-XXX tag.