Re: REINDEX and COPY is wainting since Jun 21!

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: REINDEX and COPY is wainting since Jun 21!
Дата
Re: REINDEX and COPY is wainting since Jun 21!  ("Ing.Edmundo.Robles.Lopez" <erobles@sensacd.com.mx>)
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, July 27, 2012 11:59:49 AM Ing.Edmundo.Robles.Lopez wrote:
> Hi, i have postgres 8.3 running in SCO Openserver 5.0.7
>
> today, i had  problems to start psql, the error mesage   was: 'FATAL
> Memory out, Detail: Failed on resqueted size ...' ,  and after i checked
> the process  i  noticed the following:
>
> the elder  REINDEX   had been running since Jun-21 by  35 days 12 hrs
> (35-12:12:08) WTF!!!!

Well it looks like either the COPY or the VACUUM have been running since the
20th and are blocking the other processes. Is that a VACUUM FULL perhaps?

> Can  i kill  safely these process?
> there is any risk to corrupt the database???

I would use pg_cancel_backend() on them. Supposed to be safe, and I've never
had corruption issues.

--
When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to
give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from