Re: [HACKERS] WIP: long transactions on hot standby feedback replica / proof of concept

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP: long transactions on hot standby feedback replica / proof of concept
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-08-17 18:00:20 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>> So, do we have any objections to committing this?

> I think this needs more review by other senior hackers in the community.

TBH it sounds like a horrible hack.  Disable vacuum truncation?
That can't be a good idea.  If it were something we were doing
behind the scenes as a temporary expedient, maybe we could hold
our noses and do it for awhile.  But once you introduce a reloption
based on this, you can't ever get rid of it.

I think we need to spend more effort looking for a less invasive,
less compromised solution.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: long transactions on hot standby feedback replica/ proof of concept
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: long transactions on hot standby feedback replica/ proof of concept