Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this

От novnov
Тема Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm the OP, ran into this today and thought I'd give it some exposure

http://spyced.blogspot.com/2006/12/benchmark-postgresql-beats-stuffing.html

From the article

Benchmark: PostgreSQL beats the stuffing out of MySQL

This is interesting, because the conventional wisdom of idiots on slashdot
continues to be "use postgresql if you need advanced features, but use mysql
if all you care about is speed," despite all the head-to-head benchmarks
I've seen by third parties showing PostgreSQL to be faster under load.