Re: Proposal: plpgsql - "for in array" statement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: plpgsql - "for in array" statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> How about distinguishing it this way:?
> FOR var IN ARRAY array_expression LOOP

That occurred to me too, but it's got a small problem: it's not
impossible for ARRAY to be the first token of a valid scalar expression.

But I guess you could get around that if you had to by putting the ARRAY
expression inside parens, and it would be a pretty darn unusual case
anyway.  So this is probably the best choice.  I'm not thrilled with
David's suggestions of using FOREACH or ITERATE --- using a different
initial keyword makes it awkward to make generic statements about "all
types of FOR loop".