Re: Major Performance decrease after some hours

От Peter Bauer
Тема Re: Major Performance decrease after some hours
Дата
Re: Major Performance decrease after some hours  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I finished the little benchmarking on our server and the results are
quite curios.
With the numbers from http://sitening.com/tools/postgresql-benchmark/
in mind i did
./pgbench -i pgbench
and then performed some pgbench tests, for example
./pgbench -c 1 -t 1000 -s 1 pgbench
starting vacuum...end.
transaction type: TPC-B (sort of)
scaling factor: 1
number of clients: 1
number of transactions per client: 1000
number of transactions actually processed: 1000/1000

So our server with two 3.00 GHz Xeon CPUs and 2GB has about 5% of the
performance of the server described in the article!

I did some tests on a Xen machine running on my workstation and the
results are about 400-500tps which seems to be quite reasonable.

I also tried to disable drbd and put the data directory elsewhere, but
the performance was the same.

any ideas?

thx,
Peter