Re: [HACKERS] Index only scan for cube and seg

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Index only scan for cube and seg
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Index only scan for cube and seg  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!
> 29 окт. 2017 г., в 2:24, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> написал(а):
>
> As I can see, cube GiST code always uses DatumGetNDBOX() macro to transform Datum to (NDBOX *).
>
> #define DatumGetNDBOX(x)    ((NDBOX *) PG_DETOAST_DATUM(x))
>
> Thus, it should be safe to just remove both compress/decompress methods from existing opclass.

Alexander, Tom, you are absolutely right. I was sure there is toasting code in cube's compress, but it was not ever
there.

Here is patch for cube that drops functions.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.