Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> From: "Martijn van Oosterhout"<kleptog@svana.org>
>> Well, you need to be careful here. Just installing GnuTLS support as is
>> will break the latest release of psqlODBC, because they do things with
>> libpq that it wasn't really designed for.

> Err, what? It uses PQsocket & PQgetssl, both of which are official,
> supported functions that may be being used by countless other apps for
> all we know.

Dave, weren't you paying attention to the recent discussion?  GnuTLS
support will break anything using PQgetSSL, because it can't return
an OpenSSL struct if the underlying SSL library is GnuTLS.  The current
thought is to return NULL, so as not to have apps actually crash by
trying to pass a GnuTLS struct to OpenSSL routines, but that isn't going
to make psqlODBC *work* in such a situation.  You'd need to add code
that knows how to work with GnuTLS.

Martijn is being a bit disingenuous by giving the impression that
acceptance of his patch is a done deal.  The compatibility issues
are serious enough that it's quite possible we'll reject it.