Re: xmlconcat as variadic function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: xmlconcat as variadic function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What's the point of this?  I suppose making xmlconcat not a keyword is
>> some small advantage, but having it behave subtly differently from the
>> other xmlfoo functions isn't really all that nice.

> Different from what and how?  We already have a mix of XML functions
> implemented in user space and some as built-in expressions.

Well, for example pg_catalog.xmlconcat(...) will behave differently if
we make this change.

If there were some useful benefit to be gained by altering the behavior
established by 8.3, then I'd be for it, but this just seems like code
churn.

Сообщение: Re: Compiling on HP-UX 10.20 fails
Сообщение: Re: Compiling on HP-UX 10.20 fails