Re: Check constraints on partition parents only?

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Check constraints on partition parents only?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jul 27, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Yeah.  If we're going to allow this then we should just have a concept
> of a non-inherited constraint, full stop.  This might just be a matter
> of removing the error thrown in ATAddCheckConstraint, but I'd be worried
> about whether pg_dump will handle the case correctly, what happens when
> a new child is added later, etc etc.

Is this looking at the wrong problem? The reason I've wanted to get a parent check constraint not to fire in a child is
becauseI'm using the parent/child relationship for partioning. Will this be relevant if/when an independent
partitioningfeature is added that does not rely on table inheritance?

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Check constraints on partition parents only?
Сообщение: Re: Check constraints on partition parents only?