Re: AFTER triggers and constraints

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AFTER triggers and constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Greco <David_Greco@harte-hanks.com> writes:
> Since the trigger is defined as AFTER ROW, versus AFTER STATEMENT, I believe the trigger should be considered part of
thestatement, therefore the constraint should not be checked until after the row triggers have run. Any thoughts?

Not sure that this is terribly well documented, but you can arrange for
your triggers to fire before the FK-enforcement triggers.  Triggers on
the same table and event type fire in alphabetical (in ASCII) order, so
just choose a name that's before the FK triggers, which if memory serves
have names starting with "RI_".  So for instance
    CREATE TRIGGER "Parent_ar_trg" ...
would have worked the way you want.

От: David Greco
Сообщение: Re: AFTER triggers and constraints
От: David Greco
Сообщение: Re: AFTER triggers and constraints