Re: brand new user - should I start with v8?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: brand new user - should I start with v8?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Miles Keaton <mileskeaton@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm a brand new PostgreSQL user -- just started today  (though I've
> used MySQL for years).

> Should I just start learning with version 8, since I'm sure I won't
> launch any real live public projects with PostgreSQL for another few
> months?

Sure.  8.0 is certainly not at the point where I'd recommend it for use
in live your-company's-money-is-on-the-line applications, but it's
plenty good enough for testing and development purposes.  Be sure to
tell us about any problems you find...

> Any estimate when 8.0.0 will be final & production-ready?

Sometime this fall, I'd guess.