Re: pgsql: Improve a number of elog messages for not-supposed-to-happen

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve a number of elog messages for not-supposed-to-happen
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Would it be helpful to do this for duplicate row detection as well?

> It would be great to get the htids of the two duplicates when we do
> detect this situation.

99.999% of the time it would be confusing gibberish :-(.  That's a very
ordinary user-facing error message, remember.

If we had a way to know that a particular occurrence represented a
(seemingly) internal problem rather than run-of-the-mill user error,
then yeah, but I don't see how we'd know that.