Re: best er modeling tool for postgreSQL

От jcvlz
Тема Re: best er modeling tool for postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I know some of these have already been mentioned, but here's the summary I had
stashed away.  Although, I'm not sure which ones have any issues with default
schemas.  If you do find any such problems (especially with the kind GPL
developers), I'm sure they'd appreciate any feedback.

/** GNU-GPL **/
OpenSystemArchitect
    http://www.codebydesign.com/
Power*Architect
    http://code.google.com/p/power-architect/
Druid
    http://druid.sourceforge.net/
ERW
    http://erw.dsi.unimi.it/
Dia
    http://live.gnome.org/Dia
XML to DDL (python scripts)
    http://xml2ddl.berlios.de/
Graphiz - I believe I've read of people using it to reverse engineer from DDL
    http://graphviz.org/

/** Multiple versions/licenses (each has a "free" and a "not-free" version) **/
DBVisualizer
    http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/
Toad
    http://www.toadsoft.com/

/** Not-free **/
Microsoft Visio - (If you already have it, it does work quite well)
DataStudio - 30 day trial
    http://www.aquafold.com
DBWrench - 30 day trial
    http://www.dbwrench.com/