Re: [GENERAL] Question about paritioning

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Question about paritioning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/26/2017 10:08 PM, Alex Samad wrote:
> I have a large table about 3B rows, that I would like to partition on
> a column called _received which is  of type timestamp

a good goal is to have no more than about 100 partitions max, and
ideally more like 25.

when we partition on time stamp, we typically do it by the week, as
we're doing 6 month data retention.

IIRC, we're using DATE_TRUNC('week', timestamp)::DATE  for use as the
partition label and key.