Re: Create collation reporting the ICU locale display name

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Create collation reporting the ICU locale display name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Tom Lane wrote:

> I think that's a useful function, but it's a different function from
> the one first proposed, which was to tell you the properties of a
> collation you already installed (which might not be ICU, even).
> Perhaps we should have both.

The pre-create use case would look  like:
 SELECT * FROM describe_collation(locale_string text, collprovider "char")

Post-creation, one could do:
 SELECT * FROM describe_collation(collcollate, collprovider)
   FROM pg_catalog.pg_collation WHERE oid = :OID;

Possibly it could exists as SELECT * FROM describe_collation(oid)
but that's essentially the same function.
Or I'm missing something about why we'd need two functions.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite