Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning  (Beena Emerson <memissemerson@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/10/25 15:47, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2017/10/24 1:38, Beena Emerson wrote:
>> I had noticed this and also that this crash:
>>
>> tprt PARTITION BY RANGE(Col1)
>>        tprt_1 FOR VALUES FROM (1) TO (50001) PARTITION BY RANGE(Col1)
>>               tprt_11 FOR VALUES FROM (1) TO (10000),
>>               tprt_1d DEFAULT
>>        tprt_2 FOR VALUES FROM (50001) TO (100001)
>>
>> EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF) SELECT * FROM tprt WHERE col1 BETWEEN 20000 AND 70000;
>> server closed the connection unexpectedly
>> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>> before or while processing the request.
>> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed.
>> !>
>
> ...and this (crash) were due to bugs in the 0005 patch.

[ .... ]

> Should be fixed in the attached updated version.

Oops, not quite.  The crash that Beena reported wasn't fixed (or rather
reintroduced by some unrelated change after once confirming it was fixed).

Really fixed this time.

Thanks,
Amit