Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Nov 20, 2010, at 9:31 PM, Terry Laurenzo wrote:

> Assuming that the JSON datatype (at a minimum) normalizes text for storage, then the text storage option accounts for
aboutthe most expensive path but with none of the benefits of an internal binary form (smaller size, ability to cheaply
performnon-trivial manipulation within the database server).

> Of course, just having a JSON datatype that blindly stores text will beat everything, but I'm getting closer to
thinkingthat the binary option is worth the tradeoff.

> Comments?

benchmarks++

Nice to have some data points for this discussion.

Best,

David, still hoping for the JSON data type in 9.1…

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Improving prep_buildtree used in VPATH builds
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name