RE: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"

От Huong Dangminh
Тема RE: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"
Дата
Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks for confirming.

> > I can recreate this when building with MSVC 2012. I confirm that I see
> > the same as you. Microsoft are setting errno to EDOM in the above 3
> > cases, where in Linux the result is still NaN, just the errno is not
> > set.
> >
> FWIW, I tested in MSVC 2017 (15.6.4) and it worked like expected.
> Looking at [1], it seems there could be nasty bugs when using math functions
> in MSVC < 2013 (or 2015). I don't have some older MSVC here to try
> /fp:OPTIONHERE [2] to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks.
Anyway currently PostgreSQL installers seem not be compiled with MSVC 2017,
so it should be fix for current users?
I updated the patch as David Rowley mentioned.

---
Thanks and best regards,
Dang Minh Huong
NEC Solution Innovators, Ltd.
http://www.nec-solutioninnovators.co.jp/en/

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"
Сообщение: Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"