Re: Subselects returning array and ANY...

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: Subselects returning array and ANY...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Dawid,
>  >    SELECT * FROM foo WHERE t = ANY (SELECT '{x4,5,zzz}'::text[]);
>  > ERROR:  operator does not exist: text = text[]
>  > HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You
>  > might need to add explicit type casts.
>
>  Drop the second SELECT, I think.
>
>  postgres=# select 'x' = ANY ( '{x,y,z}'::TEXT[] );
>   ?column?
>  ----------

Probably I didn't make myself clear enough. :)  I know this works (see
above two examples).
I need to connect two tables, one is:

CREATE TEMP TABLE haystack (straw text);
INSERT INTO haystack SELECT n FROM generate_series(1,100) AS x(n);

CREATE TEMP TABLE needles (id int, straws text[]);
INSERT INTO needles VALUES (1, '{10,15,aaa}');

SELECT * FROM haystack WHERE straw = ANY (SELECT straws FROM needles
WHERE id=1);
ERROR:  operator does not exist: text = text[]
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You
might need to add explicit type casts.

But you are right, though!  I just need to leave off the subselect!  Thanks!
SELECT h.* FROM haystack h JOIN needles ON straw = ANY (straws);

(not exactly what I was looking for, but it works ;))

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Subselects returning array and ANY...
Сообщение: Re: Subselects returning array and ANY...