Re: [OT] "advanced" database design (long)

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: [OT] "advanced" database design (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 4, 2008 5:14 AM, Alex Turner <armtuk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I"m not a database expert, but wouldn't

[...]
> give you a lot less  pages to load than building a table with say 90 columns
> in it that are all null, which would result in better rather than worse
> performance?

Well, but PostgreSQL's NULLs occupy almost no space, or rather a bit of space,
that is one bit exactly. ;-)  I am pretty much sure that storage-wise
looking NULLs
are more efficient.

   Regards,
      Dawid

Сообщение: Re: [OT] "advanced" database design (long)
Сообщение: Re: [OT] "advanced" database design (long)