Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...
Дата
Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...  (Peter Wilson <petew@yellowhawk.co.uk>)
Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...  (Ashley Moran <work@ashleymoran.me.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
On 10/26/06, Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> the wordpress guys have basically said they do not want to support postgres,
> which is mainly why we swapped to s9y on planetpg.  you can read some more
> info here:
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/13-One-Good-Port.html

Suppose one would like to create a WordPress workalike, i.e. a blogging
engine sharing look&feel of WordPress but written from scratch.  What
language/framework do you think would be the best?

I mean -- one could code that in PHP and simply use PostgreSQL, but
PHP is probably the most popular language, but I don't think it's the best.

Ruby on Rails perhaps?  I have not written a single line in Ruby, but
I've read on the list here that it has very good PostgreSQL interface...

Python?  Perl?  Something different?

The reason I'm asking this question is that I would like to hear personal
experiences with alternative to PHP environments, how do they "feel",
how do they scale, in order to boost my knowledge a bit.

   Regards,
     Dawid