Re: [pgsql-www] Software Patents

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Software Patents
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 4/22/05, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:
> One thing to note ... with ppl like Fujitsu and Greenplum doing
> "extensions" to PostgreSQL and re-releasing it, how many of those
> extensions are patent'd?  In Greenplum's case, I believe that they do
> intend on having some patent'd stuff added to their code base, but it
> won't carry over to ours ...
>
> Our goal should be (I think) to be "patent free" when we know about
> patents, just like we did with IBM/ARC ... if we started to become

I think "patent free" is a right way to go!  I think everybody should
agree PostgreSQL should be patent free. :)  And we had test case,
the ARC patent stuff.

Patent free doesn't imply we are actively against patents, we just
don't want patents to hinder PostgreSQL's development.

   Regards,
     Dawid

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Software Patents
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Software Patents