Re: immutable functions vs. join for lookups ?

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: immutable functions vs. join for lookups ?
Дата
Re: immutable functions vs. join for lookups ?
Список pgsql-performance
On 4/20/05, Jim C. Nasby <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:
> You should re-run the function test using SQL as the function language
> instead of plpgsql. There might be some performance to be had there.

Yay!  You're right!  I wonder why have I forgotten about LANGUAGE SQL. :)
It's 30 seconds vs 5 seconds for CASE ... END insisde PLpgsql vs CASE...END
LANGUAGE SQL. :)  I.e. its almost the same as in-place entered SQL.

  Regards,
      Dawid