Re: COMMIT within function?

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: COMMIT within function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:10:03 -0700, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-ERROR-TRAPPING

> BEGIN
>     DELETE FROM values WHERE value_id = r.value_id;
> EXCEPTION
>     WHEN foreign_key_violation THEN
>         NULL;
> END;

Ahh, exactly what I was looking for. :)  The thing I didn't notice
was that, while exception causes rollback to "BEGIN", it does
not mean to the beginning of the function.  In other words
I didn't nest BEGIN...END blocks and all I got from using
exceptions was that they did not show any errors. :)

Thank you! I am now enlightened.  This works perfect, exactly
as I hoped it would. :)

   Regards,
      dawid