Re: pgNixInstaller: Making PostgreSQL relocatable

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: pgNixInstaller: Making PostgreSQL relocatable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mar 24, 2006, at 7:25 AM, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> Anyway, looking at the manpage of otool it doesn't say that it just
> prints the raw name, so perhaps it's doing the same as ldd. To be sure
> you'd need to strings the binary to see what it says.

Yes, strings shows the full path of prefix provided to configure. And
I can tell you from experience it is not relocatable :).

Here is a bug I recently filed for pgAdmin which discusses the use of
install_name_tool to make the reference relative. Certainly it would
be better if they could be compiled with relative references, but at
least I found a solution without having to understand gcc.

http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-support/2006-03/msg00053.php

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL