Re: [HACKERS] Updating line length guidelines

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Updating line length guidelines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/20/2017 07:49 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We currently still have the guideline that code should fit into an 80
> character window. But an increasing amount of the code, and code
> submissions, don't adhere to that (e.g. copy.c, which triggered me to
> write this email). And I mean outside of accepted "exceptions" like
> error messages.  And there's less need for such a relatively tight limit
> these days.  Perhaps we should up the guideline to 90 or 100 chars?

Considering the prominence of high resolution monitors and the fact that
we don't really review patches (outside of commentary) in email much
anymore, it seems that may even be a bit archaic. On my standard FHD
screen using a standard size font I have a line length of 210 before I wrap.

Sincerely,

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.us
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****