Re: UTF8 encoding and non-text data types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UTF8 encoding and non-text data types
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Medi Montaseri" <montaseri@gmail.com> writes:
> insert into t1 (c1, cost) values ('tewt', 1234)
> this works find....
> insert into t1 (c1, cost) values ('شد',
> ۱۲۳۴)
>  DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  syntax error at or near ";" at character 59,

Well, you've got two problems there.  The first and biggest is that
&#NNN; is an HTML notation, not a SQL notation; no SQL database is going
to think that that string in its input is a representation of a single
Unicode character.  The other problem is that even if this did happen,
code points 1777 and nearby are not digits; they're something or other
in Arabic, apparently.  So I think you've got a problem in your Unicode
conversions as well as a notational problem.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: UTF8 encoding and non-text data types
Сообщение: Re: UTF8 encoding and non-text data types