Re: table row type and query-specified row type do not match

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: table row type and query-specified row type do not match
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bill MacArthur <webmaster@dhs-club.com> writes:
> Perhaps this issue has been resolved in higher sub-versions or in 9.1?

No, seems to be just the same in HEAD :-(

> In summary, the issue revolves around the data type of a column being changed, but the data type in a dependent rule
onanother table does not. Does the data type have to be embedded in the rule?

Yeah, it does, or at least the implications of not doing so would amount
to a ground-up redesign, as well as moving a lot of cycles out of rule
creation and into every rule use.

What I would have expected to happen is for the ALTER TABLE to throw an
error telling you it couldn't cope with updating the rule, and that
you'd need to fix that manually.  There is such a test involving views;
not sure why it's not catching this rule.

От: Bill MacArthur
Сообщение: table row type and query-specified row type do not match
От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Extension tracking temp table and causing update failure