Re: How to insert Ecoded values into postrgresql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to insert Ecoded values into postrgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Given the lack of field complaints, I think changing this would be a
>> pretty terrible idea; much more likely to break things than fix them.
>> It's not like that RFC has huge recognition as The Standard.

> Should we document we support the standard?

I'm inclined to think not: there's no evidence that anyone cares about
compliance to that RFC, and anyway we *don't* support the standard
exactly, per Merlin's report.  We'd have to say something like "we
support the standard except for line-endings", which is only going to
muddy the waters.