stored procedure which return a select result

От Alain Roger
Тема stored procedure which return a select result
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have some problems with a stored procedure.
In this SP, i run several SELECT statements.

1st one is to confirm that profile/account really exist into DB.
if it's ok, the 2nd statement (SELECT) is executed and should return records.

these records should be the result of my SP.
i try the RETURNS setof record as ...

but it seems not so great...at least i have problems with it...
I've search in several books, but i did not find a real example which could help me.

Could you give me some piece of code for such use ?
Or, if this technique is not used, could you tell me what is used for returning a SELECT result as result of SP ?

thanks a lot

Alain