Re: Type scale returned by PQfmod() 65531 for time/timestamp output parameter?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Type scale returned by PQfmod() 65531 for time/timestamp output parameter?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Sebastien FLAESCH <sf@4js.com> writes:
> When using a stored function returning output parameters defined with as time[(n)]
> or timestamp[(n)], PQfmod() always returns the same SCALE (65531/0xFFFB), no matter
> what time/timestamp precision is used.

Your misunderstanding is in assuming that typmod decoration on function
parameters means anything.  It doesn't; the function is effectively just
declared as taking or returning plain time or timestamp.

Perhaps someday that will change, but it'd be a big task with a lot of
hard decisions to make.  For instance, do we allow creation of both
f(time(2)) and f(time(4)), and if so what's the rule for choosing which
one to call?