Re: pgsql: Change JSONB's on-disk format for improved performance.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Change JSONB's on-disk format for improved performance.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 09/29/2014 12:29 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bump catversion to denote the incompatibility in on-disk format.
>> We will need to fix pg_upgrade to disallow upgrading jsonb data stored
>> with 9.4 betas 1 and 2.

> Just curious - why was the last digit of the catversion bumped as well
> as the second last?

We don't want the same catversion to be in use in two different branches,
so I have to assign a different catversion to HEAD than to 9.4.  What
I've done in such cases is to use YYYYMMDD1 for the back branch and
YYYYMMDD2 for HEAD.