Re: BUG #2645: pg_restore crashes

От Andrew MacLeod
Тема Re: BUG #2645: pg_restore crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I observed this symptom with a 4Mb .backup file (details of commands issued below).

The restore always failed at the same rogue table.

On going back to the source DB, I experienced trouble on that table: vacuum worked, but vacuum FREEZE hung after which
SELECTcount(*) hung!

In my case, the "workaround" was to stop the source DB server and redo the backup.

My (somewhat speculative) conclusion is that there may be a problem with performing hot-backups on a live database.

Andrew.

 BACKUP:
 pg_dump.exe -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U Administrator -F c -b -v -f "D:\dbname.backup" dbname
 Windows Server 2003, postgres 8.1.5, pgAdmin3 v1.4.3

 RESTORE:
  Windows XP SP2, postgres 8.1.1 pgAdmin3 v1.4.1:
 C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin\pg_restore.exe -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d dbname -v "Z:\dbname.backup"