Re: tsearch2, locale, UTF-8 and Windows

От Pierre Thibaudeau
Тема Re: tsearch2, locale, UTF-8 and Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just to pinpoint the meaning of my dismay, let me add one comment to my previous post.

In the What'sNew document for tsearch2 with 8.2
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/wiki/Tsearch2WhatsNew
we read:

> Don't forget to initdb cluster with correct utf8-locale !
> initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql-dev/data.el_utf8 --locale=el_GR.utf8

I have never seen any detail of what was meant by the "correct" locale.  Clearly if I was using a database with French content on a French system, I would intuitively choose fr_FR.utf8 as the locale, but if my database contains texts in several languages (see quoted post below), I don't know on what factor to base my choice of initdb locale.

Suggestions?

On Jan 28, 3:28 am, pierd...@gmail.com ("Pierre Thibaudeau") wrote:
> [...] I cannot figure out what the latest status is concerning the
> "default locale" on a Windows UTF-8 database under PostgreSQL 8.2.
>
> [...] I have a UTF-8 database containing information in five
> different European languages (English, French, Spanish, German and
> Italian).  I am coding on a Windows system with locale French_Canada.1252.
> The server that will soon run the database will likely have locale en_US...

Сообщение: Re: MULE_INTERNAL translation to win1250
Сообщение: Re: MULE_INTERNAL translation to win1250