Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?

От: Jim Nasby
Тема: Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-www

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  ("Nikolay Samokhvalov", )
 Re: Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  (Magnus Hagander, )
   Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
   Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  ("Nikolay Samokhvalov", )
   Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  (David Fetter, )
   Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  ("Nikolay Samokhvalov", )
    Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  (Kevin Hunter, )
     Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  (Oleg Bartunov, )
   Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?  (Jim Nasby, )

On Jun 6, 2007, at 2:18 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
>>> I've just found (via google...) useful (for me) comments:
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-
>>> createaggregate.html
>>> -- I mean users comments under primary contents of the page.
>>>
>>> These comments were written for 8.0, but are useful for the current
>>> versions too. What we have is the situation that reading docs for
>>> 8.2
>>> people don't see these comments -- so this potentially useful
>>> information is lost. So, in this implementation the idea of comments
>>> for docs becomes weak in general.
>>
>> The thing to do in these cases is to move the useful info from the
>> user
>> comments into the main doc text.
>
> Yeah, that's the idea. Tom often goes through the comments and puts
> stuff into the docs. But I'm sure there are a *lot* of other people
> who
> could help with that as well - read comments, figure out of they make
> sense, and submit a docs patch for the next version!

It would be substantially easier to do that if there was an index
page that listed all comments.
--
Jim Nasby

В списке pgsql-www по дате сообщения:

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Users comments don't migrate to docs for new version?