Re: Table permissions

От A.M.
Тема Re: Table permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 18, 2012, at 8:48 AM, salah jubeh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have create a table from another table such as
>
> CREATE TABLE tmp_XXX AS SELECT * FROM XXX;
>

> The  tmp_XXX  tables has no permissions assigned to it and I  want to assign it with the same owner and access
privileges of XXX  table. I had a look on pg catalog tables  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/catalogs.html to
createa stored procedure to do this job for me. I have found some tables which might be useful to get the original
tableiformation. For example, I can use  pg_table to get the owner of the original table.  Also, I have found pg_roles.
However,I was not able to find where the access privileges are stored.

> Is there a better way to do this task than extracting the access privileges from pg catalog ?  If not, where I can
findthe access privileges information ?

You are looking for pg_catalog.pg_class.relacl. Just copy that from the original table to the duplicate (and perhaps
relowner,depending on your situation), and you will have duplicate permissions.

Cheers,