Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 01.07.21 20:14, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The problem then is, what happens when the extra action fails?
>> Without .DELETE_ON_ERROR, the shlib is still there and the next
>> make run will think everything's good.

> Right.  .DELETE_ON_ERROR is already set in Makefile.global, so it's not
> necessary to set it again.

Right.  Since we use that, we don't actually have that problem.
What we'd have instead is that debugging an unexpected failure
of the "extra action" would be painful, because there would be
no way short of modifying the Makefiles to create its input data.
So I think the other solution with a separate rule is better.