Re: [HACKERS] TAP tests take a long time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TAP tests take a long time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> The other thing that might be useful here is to push on parallelizing
>> buildfarm runs.

> One reason I haven't supported "make -j nn" everywhere (it is supported
> for making core, contrib and test_modules) is that the output tends to
> get rather jumbled, and I didn't want to impose that extra burden in
> people trying to decipher the results.

Agreed, that would be a mess.  I was thinking in terms of running steps in
parallel if they have independent output log files, so that that problem
wouldn't arise.  AFAIK, for example, we could run the per-subdirectory
"make check" tests in src/bin/ in parallel without incurring any
legibility issues.