Re: postgresql vs mysql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgresql vs mysql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Adam Rich" <adam.r@sbcglobal.net> writes:
> I'm not apologizing for their past mistakes.. But the issue
> you cite is no longer true:
> "As of 5.0.2, the server requires that month and day values
> be legal, and not merely in the range 1 to 12 and 1 to 31,
> respectively."

Really?

[tgl@rh2 ~]$ mysql test

Your MySQL connection id is 2
Server version: 5.0.32 Source distribution

mysql> create table test ( td DATE );
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> insert into test values ('35-Feb-2007');
Query OK, 1 row affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from test;
| td         |
| 0000-00-00 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Note that this case is *not* testing whether mysql knows that
February has less than 31 days.